This is an ongoing of articles on Swift for beginners. The series is currently under development, so be sure to bookmark this page and check it periodically.
- The Best and Fastest Ways to Install Xcode on your Mac
- Hello, World! Your First Swift Program
- Take Decisions in Swift with If Statements and Boolean Operators
- Write Shorter Conditions with the Swift Ternary Operator
- Switch Statements in Swift: Selecting Among Multiple Options
- For loops in Swift: a Detailed List of the Most Practical Uses
- Computed properties in Swift: A basic feature for safer and cleaner code
- Weak Self in Swift Made Easy: What it is and why it’s needed
- Master Swift Generics: A practical guide to code reuse
Architecting SwiftUI apps with MVC and MVVM
It’s easy to make an app by throwing some code together. But without best practices and robust architecture, you soon end up with unmanageable spaghetti code. In this guide I'll show you how to properly structure SwiftUI apps.
Matteo has been developing apps for iOS since 2008. He has been teaching iOS development best practices to hundreds of students since 2015 and he is the developer of Vulcan, a macOS app to generate SwiftUI code. Before that he was a freelance iOS developer for small and big clients, including TomTom, Squla, Siilo, and Layar. Matteo got a master’s degree in computer science and computational logic at the University of Turin. In his spare time he dances and teaches tango.