Content Marketing Associate
I am ramping up the production of articles about iOS development, mainly targeted at beginners and intermediate developers, with an occasional focus on more advanced ones.
My time is limited since I need to create courses, write new articles, and to manage the rest of the business. For these reasons, I am looking for someone to work with me in producing new content.
About the role
My philosophy is to offer free articles that are better than other people’s paid material. The items you will write will need to be more detailed than the average tutorial you find on the internet.
While each article is focused on a specific topic, you won’t write simple step-by-step tutorials that only show a superficial implementation. You should always consider all the aspects of iOS development as a whole and place each topic into the bigger picture.
Once you’ve proven that you’re reliable, can ship on time, and follow through on every project, you will get additional responsibilities. These include helping me with market research, positioning, and product development.
- Knowledge about Swift and iOS Development. Articles will span different topics, including app architecture, design patterns, programming paradigms, and specific iOS technologies.
- Experience in developing apps. You don’t need to be an expert, and you will learn a lot along the way, but this is not a position for beginners.
- Ability to write in fluent English.
- Ability to dissect and explain complex concepts in an understandable and captivating way.
- You will have to write more than simple step-by-step tutorials. You won’t be able to just dump code in an article with little to no explanation. Look at the current articles on my blog to see some examples.
Nice to have
- Experience with SEO.
- BS in computer science.
- Experience with Omnigraffle, for the creation of diagrams to include in articles.
- Experience in UI design with Sketch
- Experience with storytelling, positioning, and copywriting.
Who would be a good fit for the job and why
- Someone reliable and able to deliver on promises. While there are usually no hard deadlines for articles, I need to be able to plan and know that the material will be reliably delivered.
- A person with excellent communication skills that keeps me updated on the status of projects, without disappearing for long periods without notice.
- Detail-oriented and with an eye on the big picture. This is not a position for copy-and-paste developers that are content to simply come up with a solution that works. Nothing in iOS development is isolated. What you write needs to be well-argued, analyzing the pros and cons of different answers. You will be writing about best practices, which means there will be topics you won’t cover.
- Someone that can get more responsibility with time, so I don’t have to monitor what you are doing regularly.
- A fast learner that can research each topic and fill the gaps in his knowledge.
- Someone with a diverse life background, interests, and life experiences that is not just a software developer that codes 24/7 from his basement.
- Able to work remotely with your phone, computer, and high-speed internet access in place. You need to be able to attend face-to-face Skype calls at times compatible with working hours in Central European Time (I am based in Amsterdam).
- This is a contract-based, 100% remote position. In the beginning, the workload will not exceed 10 hours per week on average, but hopefully, it will increase in the future.